Conferences & Lectures
Residents are expected to attend all Department of Dermatology conferences. Conferences include but are not limited to:
A. Weekly Teaching Schedule for Residents
- Monday – Book Club
- Tuesday – Basic Science, Therapeutics, Clinical Dermatology
- Wednesday - Grand Rounds (clinical conference), Kodachrome review, journal review
- Thursday - Dermatopathology conference
- Weekly conference (Tuesday), Theme based
- Twice monthly biopsy review of all Regenstrief Dermatology Clinic patients
- Dermatopathology journal review periodically
C. Basic Science
- Eighteen month rotations with six "courses" of 6-10 conferences
- Monthly Basic Science journal review
D. Grand Rounds
- Interesting and/or challenging patients are presented by the residents and faculty.
- Resident participation is required to work on morphology, differential diagnoses, and treatment plans.
- Guest speakers from Indiana University or visiting professors from other institutions will lecture to the faculty and residents. See grands rounds schedule (need hyperlink).
- Faculty will conduct kodachrome slide reviews at least twice monthly.
F. Resident textbook review
- Residents organize a textbook review of a major dermatology text each year.
G. Journal Review
- Archives of Dermatology
- Basic science journals
- Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Subspecialty dermatology journal review including Dermatology Surgery, Pediatric Dermatology, and others.
H. Resident Teaching Opportunities
- Residents will be responsible for teaching sessions with the medical students and rotating residents from other specialities.